Recovery Support Group
Supporting individuals through their eating disorder recovery
Everything you need to know:
- Eating Disorder Recovery Support Group
- The third Saturday of each month
- BodyMatters Australasia, 5/2A Waters Road Neutral Bay NSW 2089
- 5pm – 6:30pm
- $15 per person
- Email your full name and contact phone number to email@example.com
Guidelines for the group:
- Anything that is discussed in the group stays in the group and we are able to trust one another to respect each other’s privacy.
- Group members are encouraged to be open and honest about their emotions, feelings, experiences and behaviours in group discussion.
- Effort towards Recovery
- It is important that all members are motivated to be on the path of eating disorder recovery and discussing how to best move towards this.
- Sharing in Group
- No one will be required or forced to share in group discussion, however, we will strongly encourage all members to contribute to the group and be given equal opportunity to be involved in each meeting.
Who are your facilitators?
The facilitators for the Recovery Support Group rotate. They are usually two of the following BodyMatters team members:
Feel free to contact us if you are interested in which team members are running a particular group!
Rebecca is an intern psychologist at BodyMatters. She has completed all tertiary training to become a psychologist and is in the process of completing a period of ‘supervised practice’ in the workplace to obtain her full registration. Rebecca has a genuine interest in eating disorders and she is motivated to help make a difference to the lives of those on the journey to recovery. Alongside her work at BodyMatters, Rebecca is a counsellor with The Butterfly Foundation where she also regularly co-facilitates support groups. She is passionate about the positive and long-lasting changes that support groups can provide to those suffering from an eating disorder.