Recovery Support Group
Supporting individuals through their eating disorder recovery
Everything you need to know:
- Eating Disorder Recovery Support Group
- The third Saturday of each month
- BodyMatters Australasia, 5/2A Waters Road Neutral Bay NSW 2089
- 5pm – 6:30pm
- $15 per person
- Email your full name and contact phone number to email@example.com
Guidelines for the group:
- Anything that is discussed in the group stays in the group and we are able to trust one another to respect each other’s privacy.
- Group members are encouraged to be open and honest about their emotions, feelings, experiences and behaviours in group discussion.
- Effort towards Recovery
- It is important that all members are motivated to be on the path of eating disorder recovery and discussing how to best move towards this.
- Sharing in Group
- No one will be required or forced to share in group discussion, however, we will strongly encourage all members to contribute to the group and be given equal opportunity to be involved in each meeting.
Who are your facilitators?
The facilitators for the Recovery Support Group are:
- Emma Sheens. Emma is an Intern Psychologist at BodyMatters. She holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology, a Graduate Diploma in Psychology and a Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science). Emma has always been interested in health from a holistic perspective – psychologically, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. She is dedicated to raising awareness about eating disorders and has a strong desire to help experiencing individuals. She has recently published her first journal article and is passionate about trying to educate and inform individuals about the very real and true nature of an eating disorder. Emma is currently working towards her full registration as a Psychologist.
- Georgina Lavan. Georgina is an intern psychologist at BodyMatters. She holds a Bachelor of Psychological Science from the University of New England and a Graduate Diploma in Behavioural Science (Psychology) from Queensland University of Technology. Whilst studying, Georgina began working as a volunteer telephone counsellor for Lifeline. She has also worked in the hospital environment for over five years, initially starting in a surgical setting and then moving into mental health over two years ago. Georgina is currently working towards gaining full registration as a psychologist.
How to connect with us…
If you have any questions about the support groups please do not hesitate to contact us. If you would like to sign up for a support group please register by emailing your full name and contact phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org, letting us know you’d like to come along to the support group. We look forward to meeting you and having you a part of our group!