About the issue/ course:
Improving body image can be the most challenging element of working with clients recovering from disordered eating, particularly in this age of “normative discontent”. Often when our clients relationship with food is restored they continue to experience pervasive body shame. This workshop provides an abundance of practical skills to equip therapists to target body image concerns in clients.
- Understand the magnitude and impact of body image concerns
- Understand the extent to which our clients can make peace with their bodies
- Deconstruct the cultural landscape that breeds body image issues
- Understand how to use nuanced language to reduce body shame
- Identify clinical factors that perpetuate and maintain poor body image
- Implement CBT based exercises to improve client’s body image
Please note: this workshop is informed by the principles of Health at Every Size (™) as a framework for understanding body image concerns
- Early bird special $250- until 31/1/2020
- Student*: $200.00 + GST
- Regular: $300.00 + GST
*nb student ID required
About the presenter:
Sarah McMahon is the Director of BodyMatters Australasia, a sydney based private practice with a particular interest in treating eating and body image issues. Sarah has worked in the field of eating disorders for approximately 15 years and has supported hundreds of individuals to achieve recovery. Sarah is well known for her compassionate and respectful approach to treatment as well as her ability to engage with clients in the early stages of change, supporting them through the recovery journey.