BodyMatters and Treat Yourself Well are pleased to be offering online Radically Open Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (RO-DBT) classes from October 2020.
Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO-DBT) is a relatively new evidence-based treatment for patients with emotional over-control. ‘Self-control’ is usually seen as a good thing, however too much self-control can cause difficulties. Excessive self-control is associated with social isolation and poor interpersonal relations and it contributes to conditions like anorexia nervosa, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, chronic depression and autistic spectrum disorders.
Over- control is seen as a problem of emotional loneliness – not necessarily lacking contact with others……but lack of social connectedness with others.
We are social beings and we know that 3 core components of emotional well-being are:
- Openness to feedback, even when this is challenging
- Flexibility in our responses, to ever changing demands
- Communication of our emotions, recognising that expressing emotion is crucial when forming close interpersonal bonds.
RO-DBT treatment strategies aim to build:
- Flexible responding to the demands of the moment
- Emphasis on the importance of authentic emotional expression to build positive interpersonal relatiotionships
- Self enquiry into our usual responses
- Ability to manage unexpected or challenging feedback
Are you the sort of person who is some of the following: dutiful, avoids risk and novelty, plans ahead, struggles to really connect with others, follows rules, feels unappreciated, struggles to relax and be playful?
Would you like help to be more:
- Receptive and open
- Socially connected
Would this make it easier to meet your goals in lief?
Further information about RODBT can be found at: www.radicallyopen.net
If you would you like to talk more about RODBT and whether this approach fits you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click here: