Parents, Carers, Partners & Sibling Support
At BodyMatters we recognise that is it not just the individual suffering from eating and body image issues who is impacted by these problems. Often family and friends are suffering as they attempt to support their loved one in the recovery process. Whether your loved one suffering from eating and body image issues is a young child, adolescent or adult; whether they are your partner, sibling or child; whether they are “in denial”, on the recovery journey, or somewhere in between, we can help you. Increasing your own support and understanding about these issues is often vital to be able to continue to support your loved one.
BodyMatters can support you in the following ways:
- One off consultations for debriefing and/ or to improve your understanding of eating and body image issues
- Ongoing consultations to build your skills in supporting your loved one
- Your own therapy, if it seems your thoughts and behaviour need to be addressed to support your loved ones recovery
- Parent and partner support groups
- We also recommend to you our Parents and Partners Toolkit which is a useful resource you may benefit from
- Recommended reading that you can purchase through our bookshop
Please contact us or call us on 02 9908 3833 to discuss how we might be able to support you in supporting your loved one.