The upcoming events at BodyMatters include:
Psychologist and BodyMatters Director Sarah McMahon presents a one day workshop on Engaging Ambivalent Clients: Enhancing Motivation and Building Self-efficacy. | Zoom, Thursday 9 May 2024 10am to 5pm AEST
Location: Via Zoom, Link to be provided prior to the event.
Date: Thursday 9 May 2024
About the Event:
Enhancing our client’s motivation to change and building their self efficacy is absolutely paramount when it comes to treating people experiencing eating and body image issues- including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder. This one day workshop for allied health practitioners provides an introduction to/ refresher of motivational interviewing with a specific application to eating disorders. In particular the workshop will emphasize how to work with clients in precontemplative, contemplative and determination/ preparation stages of change.
- Understand the transtheoretical stages of change with specific application to eating disorders
- Appreciate the key barriers to recovery for eating disorder sufferers
- Understand how to support clients to move through precontemplation, contemplation and preparation stages of change
- Understand how to build insight in people experiencing eating and body image issues
- Describe a novel treatment mechanism positing open expression = trust = social connectedness
- Increase motivation to change for people experiencing eating and body image issues
- Build self efficacy in people experiencing eating and body image issues
Pricing: $400 + GST
About the presenter:
Sarah McMahon is the Director of BodyMatters Australasia, a Sydney based private practice with a particular interest in treating eating and body image issues. Sarah has worked in the field of eating disorders for approximately 15 years and has supported hundreds of individuals to achieve recovery. Sarah is well known for her compassionate and respectful approach to treatment as well as her ability to engage with clients in the early stages of change, supporting them through the recovery journey.