BodyMatters Australasia has a special interest in delivering services to people who exhibit disordered eating that ranges from clinically significant eating disorders to body shame or unhealthy eating behaviour. Our clients range from teenagers to adults, males and females local (Sydney-centric) to national (via e-therapy) ,individuals and families. We are a dedicated and passionate team of professionals providing much needed support to our local community. This includes activism and prevention/ early intervention at an individual and community level.
More information is available on our website: www.bodymatters.com.au
An opportunity has arisen for a provisionally registered Psychologist who has an interest in eating disorders treatment to assist with providing psychological services and practice management. The opportunity is unpaid for 18 hours per week and would count towards registration under the 4+2 or 5+1 pathway. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN UNPAID POSITION
This role is to provide practice management support to our treating psychologists. Please email for a position description (details below).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The following are considered essential:
- Interest in working with people recovering from eating disorders
- Familiarity with a health based paradigm- and willingness to operate within this framework
- Eligibility for Provisional Registration with the NSW Psychologist Registration Board, including the completion of an approved 4 year sequence of tertiary qualifications in Psychology
- Knowledge of theoretical and therapeutic frameworks that underpin assessment and intervention, the legal and ethical issues in providing psychological services and mental health including assessment and support strategies
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use or acquire expertise in the use of electronic records systems and databases (training will be provided)
- General office administration knowledge, including proficiency in with Microsoft software
For Further information please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 15 February 2019
Image credit: Pixabay